how do I edit templates

  1. #1
    Neil
    Guest

    how do I edit templates

    I find loads of MS Templates I would like to use but they need editing to
    customize to european formats. How do I start this edit process?

  2. #2
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: how do I edit templates

    Edit the template any way you want and save it as a template with a different
    name, say "Template_Revised"

  3. #3
    Mike R
    Guest

    RE: how do I edit templates

    Neil,
    If you select the icon (right click once), a drop down menu appears and you
    can select "open" and it will open the template and you can edit anything you
    want and click save and it is saved with the same name as you have it edited.
    If you select "new it will give you a copy of the template, that is the same
    thing as double clicking on the icon.

    Mike R.
    Hope this helps

  4. #4
    Seth
    Guest

    RE: how do I edit templates

    i'm also having a similar problem, but when i go to open the template file to
    edit, i can't change anything on the template. I.E. I can not edit the
    header and footer, or change any of the field names.

    The dock is not marked as read only and i am logged in with admin rights.

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: how do I edit templates

    Do you get any error messages or alerts?

    If not, what happens when you try to edit?

    Are the sheets protected?

    If the workbook protected?

    More info needed please.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP