Working with Charts

  1. #1
    J. Stone
    Guest

    Working with Charts

    I am new to VBA programming for Excel, and I need some help on how to
    accomplish the following:

    I have an existing spreadsheet with 5 charts. I would like to create
    option buttons to allow the user to see one chart at a time.
    Currently all the charts are displayed on one worksheet, and various
    inputs in the workbook affect the charts. When I code Option Button
    Click, how do I manage to display the different charts for the
    different buttons. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly
    appreciated.

  2. #2
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: Working with Charts

    Hi

    Much depends on charts (are they similar or very different), but probably
    you can have a single chart, which datasource is modified accordingly the
    selection from data validation drop-down on sheet. You can :
    a) use a hidden table as datasource for chart - data in source table depends
    on selected option(s);
    b) use dynamic ranges as sources for series - range definitions depend on
    selected option(s);
    c) modify chart datasource (and/or chart type) through VBA code - with
    selected option(s) as parameters. You have to use a procedure or worksheet's
    Change event for this.

    --
    When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee
    Arvi Laanemets

    news:[email protected]...