Make Autofit row height work with merged cells

  1. #1
    Franketh
    Guest

    Make Autofit row height work with merged cells

    When a group of cells in a row are merged and the text wraps to two or more
    lines, double-clicking the row border just to the left of column A (or
    Format/Row/Autofit) auto-heights the row to one line of text. Either of
    these actions should heighten the row to fit the text in the merged cells.

  2. #2

    Re: Make Autofit row height work with merged cells

    Jim Rech wrote a macro called AutoFitMergedCellRowHeight that you may like:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp05

  3. #3
    Franketh
    Guest

    Re: Make Autofit row height work with merged cells

    Dave,
    Thanks for the information. While I like macros, I use them sparingly, and
    this issue is a "feature" Microsoft should fix.

    To be honest, when creating this post I thought I was making a suggestion
    directly to MS. My mistake for not paying closer attention.