saving dates\invoice numbers

  1. #1
    R S via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    saving dates\invoice numbers

    Hi, I don't know how to to get excel to open\save an invoice from which the
    date it was writen? eg. I have a date formula on a invoice template I
    downloaded and modified, if I save it on the date it was writen and open it
    again sometime later, it shows the present date. Also I would like to know
    how to insert invoice numbers automatically one after the other? eg. 00001
    and then the next invoice I issue 00002 and so on. I would like the date to
    be the present date however when I start a new invoice. Thanks ever so much.

  2. #2
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: saving dates\invoice numbers

    You would need an event macro to increment the invoice number. The event to
    use is your choice. File opening? Invoice printing? Something else?
    The same macro can insert the current date in a cell such that the date will
    not be volatile.
    Post back and tell us what you want to use as the event to trigger the
    invoice number incrementing. HTH Otto
    news:[email protected]...