Auto Fill Options

  1. #1
    adarling
    Guest

    Auto Fill Options

    Until today, the default of my auto fill options was copy cells; in addition,
    I never saw the auto fill box, ever. I've disabled the show paste and show
    insert options so the box doesn't appear but it defaults to fill series and
    adds a day to each date I drag and drop. Holding down the control key
    overrides the fill series default but I'd like to go back to copy cells as
    the default. Can it be done?

  2. #2

    Re: Auto Fill Options

    I think it depends on what you have selected.

    If I put 1 in A1, select just A1 and drag that fill handle down, excel copies
    it.

    If I put 1 in A1 and 2 in A2, select A1:A2 and then drag down by the fill
    handle, it fills the series.

    Whenever I don't want excel to guess, I just rightclick and drag that fill
    handle.

    (It's a couple extra seconds, but I don't have to do it over and over!)