How do I convert Word document into an Excel document?

  1. #1
    Jamie
    Guest

    How do I convert Word document into an Excel document?

    I have a long Word document that needs to be converted to an Excel document.
    I hope it can be done. Is there way, and if so, please let me have detailed
    instructions. I am not an expert at Excel.

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    A question of formatting

    You can always copy and paste from one to the other and then save the Excel sheet. However the formatting becomes screwy. Depending on the format of the contents of the Word document, your best bet is to put it into a table in the Word document and then move it into Excel so the cells will line up.

  3. #3
    Fredrik Wahlgren
    Guest

    Re: How do I convert Word document into an Excel document?

    "Jamie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a long Word document that needs to be converted to an Excel

    document.
    > I hope it can be done. Is there way, and if so, please let me have

    detailed
    > instructions. I am not an expert at Excel.
    >
    > Thanks.

    That depends on what you have in your Word document. If you have a table you
    should be able to transfer it using copy & paste.

    /Fredrik

  4. #4
    Jamie
    Guest

    Re: How do I convert Word document into an Excel document?

    Thanks, Fredrik. The document is very long (10 pages) and has columns. What
    do you think?

  5. #5
    Fredrik Wahlgren
    Guest

    Re: How do I convert Word document into an Excel document?

    "Jamie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks, Fredrik. The document is very long (10 pages) and has columns.

    What
    > do you think?

    Try Copy and Paste. Hopefully Excel will understand what to put in each
    cell. You can also paste the contens into a txt file and then open it from
    Excel. Don't forget to close and save the txt file before you do this.

    /Fredrik