Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

How bring a color on cell from one sheet to another

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    condo
    Guest

    How bring a color on cell from one sheet to another

    I have a summary sheet and I can do the numbers, but how can I bring the
    color on cell?

    Lets say, I have on sheet3 a cell with number one and color green; on
    summary sheet I have a corresponding cell and I want not only th number 1 to
    show up, but also the color green. Other numbers are 2 for yellow and 3 for
    red. Can i ONLY WRITE THE NUMBER AND GET THE COLOR AUTOMATICALLY ON SHEET3??

  2. #2
    Fredrik Wahlgren
    Guest

    Re: How bring a color on cell from one sheet to another

    "condo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a summary sheet and I can do the numbers, but how can I bring the
    > color on cell?
    >
    > Lets say, I have on sheet3 a cell with number one and color green; on
    > summary sheet I have a corresponding cell and I want not only th number 1

    > show up, but also the color green. Other numbers are 2 for yellow and 3

    for
    > red. Can i ONLY WRITE THE NUMBER AND GET THE COLOR AUTOMATICALLY ON

    SHEET3??

    Use Copy followed by Paste special. If you want both number & color, make
    sure "All" is selected.

    /Fredrik

  3. #3
    X_HOBBES
    Guest

    Re: How bring a color on cell from one sheet to another

    I think Condo might be looking for an automated solution so if he updates
    the cell on Sheet3, the color automatically changes. If that's the case and
    if you have only 3 conditions (red, yellow, green), then the easiest
    solution is to use Conditional Formatting (click Format --> Conditional
    Formatting...).

    Here's how:
    Assuming Sheet1 is your summary sheet and that you want the number & color
    to show up in cell A1, then do this...

    1. Set your formula to copy the cell value from Sheet3 (A1 =Sheet3!B5 or
    whatever your source is)
    2. Click Format --> Conditional Formatting
    3. Specify 3 conditions, one for each color.
    - You can use the default "Cell Value Is" and specify "equal to" and
    "1". Then set your formatting (change the color to green)
    - You can use a formula such as =if(A1=1,TRUE,FALSE) and then specify
    your formatting

    Conditional formatting allows for up to three conditions. It's a little
    tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it, you'll find it extremely
    useful -- I use it all the time!

    X_HOBBES

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    jmor45

    "X_HOBBES" wrote:

    > I think Condo might be looking for an automated solution so if he updates
    > the cell on Sheet3, the color automatically changes. If that's the case and
    > if you have only 3 conditions (red, yellow, green), then the easiest
    > solution is to use Conditional Formatting (click Format --> Conditional
    > Formatting...).
    >
    > Here's how:
    > Assuming Sheet1 is your summary sheet and that you want the number & color
    > to show up in cell A1, then do this...
    >
    > 1. Set your formula to copy the cell value from Sheet3 (A1 =Sheet3!B5 or
    > whatever your source is)
    > 2. Click Format --> Conditional Formatting
    > 3. Specify 3 conditions, one for each color.
    > - You can use the default "Cell Value Is" and specify "equal to" and
    > "1". Then set your formatting (change the color to green)
    > - You can use a formula such as =if(A1=1,TRUE,FALSE) and then specify
    > your formatting
    >
    > Conditional formatting allows for up to three conditions. It's a little
    > tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it, you'll find it extremely
    > useful -- I use it all the time!
    >
    > X_HOBBES
    >

    > "Fredrik Wahlgren" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "condo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > I have a summary sheet and I can do the numbers, but how can I bring the
    > > > color on cell?
    > > >
    > > > Lets say, I have on sheet3 a cell with number one and color green; on
    > > > summary sheet I have a corresponding cell and I want not only th number

    > 1
    > > > show up, but also the color green. Other numbers are 2 for yellow and 3

    > > for
    > > > red. Can i ONLY WRITE THE NUMBER AND GET THE COLOR AUTOMATICALLY ON

    > > SHEET3??
    > >
    > > Use Copy followed by Paste special. If you want both number & color, make
    > > sure "All" is selected.
    > >
    > > /Fredrik
    > >

    > Thank you X_HOBBES. It did what I was looking for.

Closed Thread