solution for "cannot empty the clipboard"

  1. #1
    Bucky
    Guest

    solution for "cannot empty the clipboard"

    If you use remote desktop/terminal services, you may have seen the
    "cannot empty the clipboard" error. Then you cannot do anymore cutting
    and pasting. There have been many posts about this in the past, and
    I've seen suggestions about MS hotfixes, uninstalling Office, etc., but
    I haven't seen this solution, which worked for me:

    Go to Task Manager > Processes
    Look for "rdpclip.exe"
    End that process

    This is for the case where cutting and pasting works fine at first, but
    after a lot of cutting and pasting, you get the "cannot empty the
    clipboard" error.

  2. #2
    Wes
    Guest

    RE: solution for "cannot empty the clipboard"

    I have exactly the same problem, and I use remote desktop, but the
    "rdpclip.exe" process was not running on my computer.