HELP ME PLEASE

  1. #1
    Rita
    Guest

    HELP ME PLEASE

    I have a question for you. I was wondering if you know exactly how big is
    one spreadsheet? What I am looking for is the number of columns and the
    number of rows there are in just one of the three spreadsheets in an Excel
    workbook. (Excel 2003)

  2. #2

    Information

    One Excel Spread Sheet has 256 Columns and 65,536 Rows. The number of rows and columns can not be changed. The number of cells is 16,777,216.

  3. #3
    PCLIVE
    Guest

    Re: HELP ME PLEASE

    This looks like a "How many people can I get to answer this question?" type
    of posting.

    If you have Excel, open a blank worksheet and go to 'Tools', then 'Options'.
    Click on the 'General' tab.
    Check the box next to 'R1C1 reference style'. (This puts your rows and
    columns in number format.)
    Click 'OK'.

    Now, like someone said previously, while holding the Ctrl key, press the
    down arrow. (this should take you to the bottom.
    Then, while holding the Ctrl key, press the right arrow. (This should take
    you to the far right.)
    Note the numbers

    Rows = 65536
    Columns = 256

    Good luck,
    Paul

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: HELP ME PLEASE

    Rita

    What's the matter with looking in Help for specifications of worksheets?

    BTW there can be many more than 3 worksheets in a workbook. 3 is just the
    default number for new workbooks.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  5. #5
    Amedee Van Gasse
    Guest

    Re: HELP ME PLEASE

    Rita shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.misc:

    > I have a question for you. I was wondering if you know exactly how
    > big is one spreadsheet? What I am looking for is the number of
    > columns and the number of rows there are in just one of the three
    > spreadsheets in an Excel workbook. (Excel 2003)

    Rita,

    Why are you so impolite?
    Why are you spamming this newsgroup?
    Why have you started a third thread?
    Why haven't you used a search engine like Google?
    Why haven't you read the Help (F1)?
    Why do you expect us to do your homework?

    --
    Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.3.1
    If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?

    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    How to Report Bugs Effectively
    Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no" as the
    answer.
    http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoyn...-with-yes-or-n
    o-answers.html

  6. #6
    anony
    Guest

    Re: HELP ME PLEASE

    Hey Gord, lighten up, she didn't ask anything about the #
    of spreadsheets.

  7. #7
    Forum Contributor
    Agree anony...help is always generous on this forum.
    My only complaint is to add more detail in the subject line. this will only help you get more people to open up the thread, not worrying about spam.

  8. #8
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: HELP ME PLEASE

    I'll lighten up when I don't see the same question re-posted after OP has been
    given answers by several responders.

    If Rita wants to question the veracity of those responses, I would submit the
    best place to look is in Excel Help.

    Note that OP stated "just one of the three spreadsheets in an Excel
    workbook. (Excel 2003)"

    This indicates to me that OP believes there only three sheets in workbook,
    hence the "BTW".

    Gord