Removing textbox after saving and reopening document?

  1. #1
    curlyfry76
    Guest

    Removing textbox after saving and reopening document?

    I inserted a text box into one of the cells in an excell file. I saved it and
    then closed the file. When I opened it back up, I cannot change or delete the
    text box anymore. It is permanent for ue by other people. Is there a way that
    the document can be unlocked into a design type view in excel? Or how do I
    delete or change it?

  2. #2

    Re: Removing textbox after saving and reopening document?

    Did you use a textbox from the control toolbox?

    Just try this to see:
    Show the control toolbox toolbar (view|toolbars to show it)
    click on the design mode icon (also on that toolbar)

    Try selecting that text box and deleting it?

    Remember to turn off the design mode icon when you're done.

    ==
    Alternatively, is the worksheet protected? If yes, try unprotecting the
    worksheet and then deleting the textbox.