Average of column entries

  1. #1
    abfabrob
    Guest

    Average of column entries

    I have a column of numbers and at the bottom I want the cell to display the
    average NOT the total. Can this be done?

    Thank you,

    Rob,
    Teesside,
    UK

  2. #2
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: Average of column entries

    Try...

    =AVERAGE(A1:A100)

    Hope this helps!

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Average of column entries

    IF, at the bottom means the status bar?? right click on it and change

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    abfabrob
    Guest

    Re: Average of column entries

    Thank you!!!

  5. #5
    Im no expert, but I would do the following:
    If you have Data in A1 TO A5...in A6 enter =count(A1:A5)..This will give you the No of cells with data.
    Then in another cell total the date ie =A1:A5...Then in another cell..divide the total count by the number of cell count..
    Nodoubt it could be & wil be explained a little better for you.