how to format and print labels from an excel file

  1. #1
    DDAANN
    Guest

    how to format and print labels from an excel file

    I have an excel list of people with 12 cells of information. I want to
    format and print "name tags" (labels?) using only the information in four
    cells. How can I do this?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: how to format and print labels from an excel file

    You can print labels in Excel but formatting can be a problem.

    Best to use Word for the mailmerge operation and select the 4 labels to print
    during the setup in Word.

    For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source.

    http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

    http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

    And a training tutorial for creating envelopes and labels.

    http://office.microsoft.com/training...RC010390291033

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Marvin P. Winterbottom
    Guest

    RE: how to format and print labels from an excel file

    If you have Word, it is easier to do a tools/mail merge from there using
    excel as the data.