vlookup worksheet(s)

  1. #1
    jiwolf
    Guest

    vlookup worksheet(s)

    Is it possible to use the vlookup function to reference a worksheet?. Ie I
    have a workbook with three sheets in it, named peter,paul and mary. There is
    also a master sheet.

    On the master sheet, I have a drop-down list (in cell A1) that lists
    peter,paul and mary.

    I want to be able to use a formula such as =VLOOKUP(A1,A13:B19,1,FALSE).
    how do i get the worksheet names,

    ie 'peter'! 'paul'! and 'mary'! in the drop down list?

    Any body any ideas?

  2. #2
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: vlookup worksheet(s)

    Try...

    =VLOOKUP(B1,INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!A13:B19"),1,FALSE)

    ....where A1 contains your drop-down list, and B1 contains your lookup
    value.

    Hope this helps!