Functions and formulas

  1. #1
    abfabrob
    Guest

    Functions and formulas

    I am creating a spreadsheet and want it to work so that I put monday's date
    in, and the rest of the week's dates populate automatically. I have done this
    before, so I know how to do it - but I changed the function (by mistake) and
    can't remember which function I need to input this formula...

    I have tried different functions, but the formula appears in the cell,
    instead of the date (e.g. I enter 11/04/2005 in A1, then put formula in A2
    [=A1+1] - but this formula is in the cell, not "12/04/2005", like I
    wanted....)

    Any help appriciated.

    Thank you,

    Rob,
    Teesside,
    UK

  2. #2
    º¼ÖÝÈË
    Guest

    Re: Functions and formulas

    format --date

  3. #3
    abfabrob
    Guest

    Re: Functions and formulas

    I have tried this, but it still just displays the formula. Am I getting a
    step wrong in the prosedure? (clearly I am!)

  4. #4

    Re: Functions and formulas

    Make sure you don't have formulas showing:

    tools|options|View tab
    Uncheck Formulas

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Functions and formulas

    Another potential cause.

    The cells wer pre-formatted as text which will make the formulas text.

    Select one of these and F2 then ENTER to see if results change.

    If you have many of these to do use Edit>Replace.

    Select all cells and Edit>Replace

    What: =
    With: =

    This coerces the text to real formulas.