How can I protect an excel worksheet containing filters?

  1. #1
    JMcG
    Guest

    How can I protect an excel worksheet containing filters?

    Using Excel 2003 but need to share the worksheet with Excel 2000 users.I need
    to be able to protect certain cells within the worksheet. A Macro is set-up
    to sort certain info within the worksheet using various filters. When the
    sheet is protected the filters no longer work. Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: How can I protect an excel worksheet containing filters?

    JMcG, you could have the macro unprotect the sheet, sort the info and then
    protect the sheet
    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: How can I protect an excel worksheet containing filters?

    Use this in the Auto_open procedure in a General module:

    Option Explicit
    Sub auto_open()

    Dim wks As Worksheet
    Set wks = Worksheets("sheet1")

    With wks
    .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True
    .EnableAutoFilter = True
    End With

    End Sub

    (you could use the workbook_open event under ThisWorkbook, too.)

    This setting isn't remembered between closing/reopening the workbook. (So
    Auto_open is a nice spot for it.)

  4. #4
    JMcG
    Guest

    Re: How can I protect an excel worksheet containing filters?

    Hi,

    I tried out your fix but unfortunately the problem still occurs. Thanks for
    your help though.

  5. #5
    JMcG
    Guest

    Re: How can I protect an excel worksheet containing filters?

    Hi Dave,

    I'll give this a try and get back to you with the results.