How can Excel create a list of tabs on a worksheet?

  1. #1
    AliceNXLand
    Guest

    How can Excel create a list of tabs on a worksheet?

    I have a large document with constantly changing tabs. I would like to
    create a document at the front with the tab names. Is there a way to do this
    automatically? Or would it be quicker to just type them in?

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: How can Excel create a list of tabs on a worksheet?

    Alice, here is one way,

    Sub Sheet_Names()
    Dim ws As Worksheet
    With Worksheets.Add
    .Name = "Sheet Names"
    .Move before:=Worksheets(1)
    End With
    Sheets("Sheet Names").Activate
    Range("a1").Activate
    For Each ws In Worksheets
    If ws.Name <> "Sheet Names" Then
    ActiveCell.Formula = ws.Name
    ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
    End If
    Next

    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    AliceNXLand
    Guest

    Re: How can Excel create a list of tabs on a worksheet?

    Thanks, Paul, I still need help with where to paste this information. I'm
    not really familiar with macros. I understand the concept, but, haven't
    practiced much. If this will take too long on the forum, please e-mail me.
    Thanks, VERY MUCH.

  4. #4
    AliceNXLand
    Guest

    Re: How can Excel create a list of tabs on a worksheet?

    Thanks Paul! I got it to work. It's great. Now I can use this one to build
    on for other stuff I need. Forget the last message.