Sheet Background Color

  1. #1
    Bill Helbron
    Guest

    Sheet Background Color

    I have a workbook with three sheets: data and two charts. I've been using the
    first chart for some years and decided to add a second slightly different chart.
    My problem is that on my first chart sheet, the chart is fine, but the
    background is solid grey, i.e., no gridlines visible. When I created the second
    chart, again the chart is fine but I can't seem to find out how to make the
    background grey like the first chart. Maybe I stumbled on to it by "blind luck",
    but all I see is the chart on a "bed" of empty grid lines. Help, please!

    Bill

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: Sheet Background Color

    Hi

    Move your mouse over the chart background (in between the gridlines) until
    the tip text says Plot Area, you can then right-click and select Format Plot
    Area. From this dialog box you can select the colour/fill pattern and the
    border options. To change the gridline options, move your mouse over a
    gridline (the tip text says Value Axis Gridline) and right-click and select
    Format Gridlines.
    Hope this helps.

    --
    Andy.