Check box

  1. #1
    David French
    Guest

    Check box

    I have a user that wants to put a checkmark in a cell as a yes or no to each
    record (row) that either has a contract or not.
    I tried putting in the form field but that really doesn't seem to be it.
    I tried to talk her into simply putting an X in the cell but she would
    really rather the checkmark.

    Any ideas??

    Dave French

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: Check box

    Change the cell to Wingdings font, then, holding the Alt key down, type 0252
    on the numeric keypad (not regular #s), then let go of the Alt key. Or,
    enter =CHAR(252).

    Bob Umlas
    Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mark
    Guest

    Re: Check box

    I belive font Webdings with a lowercase 'a' will get similar results.

    Mark

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Check box

    as will Marlett and 'a'

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    David French
    Guest

    Re: Check box

    Thank you ALL!!
    These are all great suggestions and my user is very happy!!

    Dave French

    news:%[email protected]...