Fixing a decimal point

  1. #1
    dave
    Guest

    Fixing a decimal point

    Hi I know this newsgroup is for Excel but I cant seem to find an answer to
    my question anywhere, so I figured I would try my luck here.

    I am using Quattro pro and I was wondering if anybody out there could tell
    me how I could setup a few specific cells to automaticly put a decimal point
    in like you can do on an adding machine. Example if I were to type 1234 it
    would automaticly show up as 12.34. Ideally if I could get it to show up as
    $12.34.

    I was using Excell at work and found something that moved the decimal over
    for me, but it did it for the whole page not just where I needed it.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Fixing a decimal point

    In Excel you use Tool|Option; open Edit tab; click Fixed Decimal area and
    type 2
    Now when you type 5, Excel will record 0.50
    If you forget to unset this you get a headache the next time you use Excel!

    I looked for an option in QP and tried Help. Found nothing. Why not post the
    question on the Corel QP newsgroup?

    best wishes

    --
    Bernard V Liengme