Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

WHERE TO FIND PERSONAL MACROWORKBOOK

  1. #1
    Satish viswanathan
    Guest

    WHERE TO FIND PERSONAL MACROWORKBOOK

    I am not able to record a macro in personal workbook.The errors says that pls
    find the personal macroworkbook in the startup folder..How to find the same.
    As i dont want to record macros in the workbook where the working is being
    done, i wanted to record macro separately.Pls share if you could know any
    wayout.

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: WHERE TO FIND PERSONAL MACROWORKBOOK

    Hi Satish,

    If you do not already have a personal.xls workbook one will be
    created for you in your XLSTART directory. When you record
    your macro change the dropdown box to record in "Personal Macro Workbook"

    Under tools, Options, General the area marked
    Alternate Startup Location should be empty.

    You can find the actual pathname afterwards by searching
    on personal.xls which you will find in your XLSTART directory.
    ---
    HTH,

    "Satish viswanathan" <Satish [email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am not able to record a macro in personal workbook.The errors says that pls
    > find the personal macroworkbook in the startup folder..How to find the same.
    > As i dont want to record macros in the workbook where the working is being
    > done, i wanted to record macro separately.Pls share if you could know any
    > wayout.

Closed Thread