Using Address Result

  1. #1
    Yossi
    Guest

    Using Address Result

    Hi,
    Is it possible to use ADDRESS comman result as a reference somehow?
    More specifically - I am trying to count values from a certain offset to my
    current position to my position.
    For example:
    A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 ... AA1
    1 1 1 3

    Lets say I am in position F1 and I want to count the values from B1 to D1,
    where B1 is determined by the value in AA1 (AA1 tells me how far backward I
    should check).
    If the value in AA1 was 4 I would check from A1 to D1.
    Hope I am clear enough
    thanks

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Using Address Result

    Hi!

    >Hope I am clear enough

    Well, not really!

    What do you mean by: Lets say I am in position F1

    Is that the end of your data range? Is that the cell you have selected?

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Yossi
    Guest

    Re: Using Address Result

    Hey,
    F1 is where I want to write the formula basically and relative to it I want
    to start counting the other cells.
    I have found a way to do it on my own, without using ADDRESS command (I hope
    it clarify my question as well :-)):
    =COUNTA(OFFSET(F1,0,$AA$1,1, $AA$1-1))
    thanks, Biff