pop-up files name menu

  1. #1
    Nader Farhadi
    Guest

    pop-up files name menu

    Hello,
    I need help with setting up a macro that reads in different file names.
    Each file contains 4 columns of data that I would like to be imported in the
    master list.
    I like to know how can I setup a pop-up window that sakes me for the file
    names all at once so I could type the file names and master list be filled
    with data.

    Any help, appreciated

    Thanks

  2. #2
    tina
    Guest

    RE: pop-up files name menu

    Hi
    I think you mean a inputbox you will need to do 1 file at time using
    something like this
    Sub Macrofilecopy()

    MYNAME1 = InputBox("ENTER FILE NAME 1")
    Workbooks.Open Filename:=MYNAME1
    Range("a1:d1000").Copy
    Windows("MASTER.xls").Activate
    Range("A1").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    selection.end(xldown).offset(1,0).select
    MYNAME2 = InputBox("ENTER FILE NAME 2")
    Workbooks.Open Filename:=MYNAME2
    Range("a1:d1000").Copy
    Windows("MASTER.xls").Activate
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    end sub
    this will obviously need changing to meet your exact requirements but hope
    it is a start
    Tina