No decimals and leading zeroes

  1. #1
    gcotterl
    Guest

    No decimals and leading zeroes

    In MICROSOFT EXCEL 2000, how do I change:
    .12
    156.00
    5,678.99
    10.12

    to:

    (without decimals and with leading zeroes).

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: No decimals and leading zeroes

    Put 100 in an empty cell and copy it, select the range and do edit paste
    special and select multiply
    custom format cells as 000000000
    if you need to export, insert an adjacent column, use a help formula

    =TEXT(A1*100,"000000000")

    where A1 is the first cell, copy down as long as needed
    select and copy and paste special as values in place, remove the original if
    needed
    the latter is a method if you need to export these values and retain the
    leading zeros

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: No decimals and leading zeroes

    Try this ..

    Enter in an empty cell: 100, and copy the cell

    Select and right-click on the target range
    Choose Paste special > Multiply > OK

    With the target range still selected
    click Format > Cells > Custom
    Enter in the "Type:" box: 000000000
    (Enter 9 zeros)
    Click OK

    Perhaps another alternative to play around with,
    if *text* results are acceptable

    Assume the target range of numbers is in A1:A4

    Put in B1: =TEXT(A1*100,"000000000")
    Copy down to B4

    B1:B4 will return the results indicated, but in *text* format.
    --
    Rgds
    Max