Row Autofit on Merged Cells

  1. #1
    Jluo
    Guest

    Row Autofit on Merged Cells

    There is a cell in a row. The cell is merged with Columns C, D, E. When
    I apply Autofit to the whole row, some of the content in the merged cell
    is hidden.

    For example, the content is "A person printed 5 copies of menu and give
    it to the human resource department." When I apply Autofit, I can only
    see "A person printed 5 copies of menu" and the rest can not be seen.
    But when I select the cell, the whole content is displayed in the
    content area under menu buttons.

    I am dealing with large documents and I cannot apply Autofit row by row.
    And I copy the data from IE browser and paste it to Excel.

    Can anyone tell me the workaround? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Row Autofit on Merged Cells

    Don't use merged cells, it is never a good idea using it, usually it means
    (as you have discovered) problems
    No need either really from a layout point of view

    However you would need VBA for that

    http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp05

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...