I want to format a number cell without the decimal and without ro.

  1. #1
    LAM
    Guest

    I want to format a number cell without the decimal and without ro.

    I need to format the number cell so that it will still show the numbers after
    the decimal, but not show the decimal point at all. It must also display
    leading zeros, which is not a problem. I just need a way to strip the
    decimal from the number.

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: I want to format a number cell without the decimal and without ro.

    If if needs to stay a number with the same value, I don't think you can do it.
    If you can change the value Just multiple the number by ten to the number of
    decimal places.
    If it can be text set up a new column and use
    =substitute(a1,".',"")

  3. #3
    LAM
    Guest

    RE: I want to format a number cell without the decimal and without

    The column needs to be formatted numeric. This is a file that will be
    transmitted to the bank to verify Payables check amounts. It is called an
    ARP Standard Issue Input Format. If it is "Standard" I wonder why it is so
    difficult to do? I am creating a .csv file from our Payables system with all
    of the information needed. It is formatting it for the ARP Standard that is
    giving me fits.

  4. #4
    Ron Rosenfeld

    On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 08:22:01 -0700, LAM <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The column needs to be formatted numeric. This is a file that will be
    >transmitted to the bank to verify Payables check amounts. It is called an
    >ARP Standard Issue Input Format. If it is "Standard" I wonder why it is so
    >difficult to do? I am creating a .csv file from our Payables system with all
    >of the information needed. It is formatting it for the ARP Standard that is
    >giving me fits.

    I don't know what that format is.

    If you were in the US, then possibly this format is merely dollars and cents,
    without the decimal.

    If that is the case your original numbers should have two decimal precision.

    Just multiply the numbers by 100.

    If some of these values are the result of computations, ROUND them to two
    decimal first.

    e.g. =100*ROUND(A1,2)

    How to do this most easily depends on more information than you have posted.

    --ron

  5. #5
    bj
    Guest

    Re: I want to format a number cell without the decimal and without

    I also am not familiar with that format

  6. #6
    LAM
    Guest

    Re: I want to format a number cell without the decimal and without

    For example, my input data file brings in the amount 72208.88. For the
    submission file this entry needs to appear 000007220888
    The decimal is implied and the amount needs to be right justified and zero
    filled, with the column width at 12.

  7. #7
    Ron Rosenfeld

    On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:37:03 -0700, LAM <[email protected]> wrote:

    >For example, my input data file brings in the amount 72208.88. For the
    >submission file this entry needs to appear 000007220888
    >The decimal is implied and the amount needs to be right justified and zero
    >filled, with the column width at 12.

    Since you are exporting it as a CSV file with a fixed (12) number of spaces in
    the column, justification should be irrelevant.

    To convert your numbers:

    =TEXT(ROUND(A1*100,2),"000000000000")

    Then copy/paste special values back over the original numbers.

    --ron

  8. #8
    bj
    Guest

    Re: I want to format a number cell without the decimal and without

    type [0000000000000] should give you the output you need

  9. #9
    LAM
    Guest

    Re: I want to format a number cell without the decimal and without

    Thanks, bj
    THat works like a charm!