Drawings move during printing

  1. #1
    00xPhoenix
    Guest

    Drawings move during printing

    I have created a drawing from several objects (arcs, ovals, triangles, etc.).
    When I try to print, some objects move (especially annoying is BlocArc). How
    should I solve this problem?

    The way I do it now is to copy it as an Enhanced metafile picture into Word
    and print from there, but the quality is not the best (printing lots of
    objects on a A0 paper).

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Drawings move during printing

    It refers to objects from the control toolbox, but the information in
    the following post by Dave Peterson may help:

    http://groups.google.ca/groups?&thre...scapeXSPAM.com

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3

    Re: Drawings move during printing

    xl2002???

    Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002

    But Jim Rech recently posted this:
    This article is now obsolete. Since the 10/12/2004 security patch
    there is no need to get a hotfix (although this article does not directly
    mention this fix, it's in there).

    But Myrna Larson (and others) posted that it didn't work for her in all her
    workbooks.

  4. #4
    00xPhoenix
    Guest

    Re: Drawings move during printing

    Thanks. I've seen that one, but changing the positioning properties did not
    help. What is strange, the objects shift even when copying (or the text font
    changes).

    Since Word does not support A0 format, I managed to deal with it by copying
    the whole drawing as Enhanced Metafile into Publisher and print it from
    there. Powerpoint might work as well. I also noticed, that the objects did
    not move when making a simple copy into Publisher, but the font did change.
    Thus the EMF ...

    I consider it solved from my point of view, it is printed correctly and in
    good quality.