Selecting nearest under in a list

  1. #1
    Purfleet
    Guest

    Selecting nearest under in a list

    I have a list of numbers and i need to either highlight (using conditional
    formatting)or display in another cell the nearest number under 10000

    i.e

    9974 <---------
    10025

    Help!!!!!

  2. #2
    N Harkawat
    Guest

    Re: Selecting nearest under in a list

    if your values are in column A then on the column B type this
    =IF(A1=MAX(IF(A1:A6<10000,A1:A6)),A1,"")
    and array enter it (Ctrl+shift+enter) instead of enter

    This will place the value that is closest to 10K on column B

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Domenic
    Guest