Chapter numbers

  1. #1
    hogon
    Guest

    Chapter numbers

    My spreadsheet/workbook consists of approx. 80 worksheets. Each worksheet
    should be considered a page. I have inserted sequential page numbers in the
    footer. However, is there a way I can insert a chapter number before each
    page number, i.e., 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc? And if I can be even more greedy, is
    there a way I can "break" the chapter numbers within my workbook, so that the
    first 40 pages will paginate as 1-2, 1-2, 1-3, etc., and the last 40 pages
    will paginate as 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, etc.?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Chapter numbers

    With ActiveSheet
    .PageSetup.LeftFooter = .Index \ 40 + 1 & "-" & .Index
    End With
    End Sub

    'This is workbook event code.

    RP