Fit Selection Setting Doesn't Hold

  1. #1
    Brett
    Guest

    Fit Selection Setting Doesn't Hold

    I have created an invoice that I want to email to a company. I have the
    invoice worksheet formatted so that the entire invoice is visable and fills
    the entire width of my screen at 100% Zoom Magnification. It occured to me
    that if the company has a screen resolution different from mine, the entire
    invoice will not fill the screen. I discovered this when I changed my own
    screen resolution.
    I thought the solution to this problem would be to simply highlight the area
    I wanted to fill the screen and then set the View Zoom Magnification to Fit
    Selection. After I did that, I then changed my screen resolution to a lower
    setting. Unfortunately, the Fit Selection Setting didn't hold. It reverted
    back to 100% Zoom Magnification and my invoice was now partially off screen.
    I'm thinking the solution may need to be a macro that runs when the document
    is openned that will select the area of the invoice and then change the Zoom
    Magnification to Fit Selection, but does anyone knows of simpler way?

  2. #2

    Re: Fit Selection Setting Doesn't Hold

    I'd use that macro approach, too.

    Option Explicit
    Sub auto_open()

    With Worksheets("sheet1")
    Application.Goto .Range("a1:m1"), scroll:=True
    End With
    ActiveWindow.Zoom = True

    End Sub

    In fact, I make a very skinny column just to the right of my range. I find that
    it makes things fit a bit nicer if I include that skinny (unused) column, too.