Task Manager and Excel 2003

  1. #1
    Mike
    Guest

    Task Manager and Excel 2003

    When using excel (and other Office Programs) I often have a problem in
    Windows XP. If is open and work with many Excel files and then close them
    all, they are actyually still "working" in the background and take up memeory
    space. I need to hit Ctrl Alt Delete and go to task manager and manualy end
    each process fo excel that si still operating.

    Any way to get around this? Is there a way to just close Excel and it
    clsoes completely?

    Mike

  2. #2

    Re: Task Manager and Excel 2003

    Are you opening any instances of excel via code?

    Or is excel crashing when you're closing it?

    And are you opening multiple instances of excel or just opening excel once but
    opening multiple workbooks within that instance?