Can you round numbers to display a specific set of numbers, for e.

  1. #1
    lbfries
    Guest

    Can you round numbers to display a specific set of numbers, for e.

    I am working on a timesheet, and have a question. Due to a request by a user
    to be able to only enter time with a signle keystroke, for example, 8:00,
    only enter 8. Due to that, I have changed my cell formatting from time to
    numbers.

    Now, I need a formula that will round the number to a set of predetermined
    minutes.

    Example: If a user enters 8.25 for a time in, we would like a formula to
    change the number to 8.30. I need the formula to do this for the following
    entries:

    0-14: 0
    15-29: 15
    30-44:30
    45-59: 45

    Any ideas, or am I very far off base?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Can you round numbers to display a specific set of numbers, for e.

    Try this

    =ROUNDDOWN(TIME(INT(A11),INT(MOD(A11,1)*60),0)*95,0)/96

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    lbfries
    Guest

    Re: Can you round numbers to display a specific set of numbers, fo

    Bob,

    I'm not getting a correct rounding, so I believe that I have not given
    enough information or the correct information:

    My daily total of hours formula is:
    =IF(D9>0,SUM(M9-L9)+(K9-J9)+(I9-H9)+(G9-F9)+(E9-D9),0) -- The IF statement
    is there to have a user enter the IN time in the first IN field.

    The formula to add up the week is: =SUM(N9:N15) Because the time entry is
    just 8.00, or 9.00, etc...

    So, when I round the weekly formula, I need the rounding to go to 15, 30, or
    45.

    Do I need to change my formulas?

    IN
    8.00

    Rounded Total: 51.30 Weekly Totals: 51.27

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Can you round numbers to display a specific set of numbers, fo

    Don't beat yourself up, complex details often take a few attempts to get
    across.

    Can I ask

    - do you want to round, round up, or round down
    - to the quarter hour or half hour?

    Examples

    what would you expect for

    15:01