Disable File Open Command On Excel Viewer 2003

  1. #1
    Milzy
    Guest

    Disable File Open Command On Excel Viewer 2003

    Hi,

    We are creating a web kiosk for our company and have installed the
    excel viewer for viewinf excel documents on the internet.

    Problem is the file -> open menu is there and allows browsing to the
    C:\ drive of the kiosk. From the window that appears they can delete
    files etc.

    I would like to know if anyone knows how to get rid of File -> Open on
    the menu. We have tried the EXCEL11.adm file and setting group
    policies, but this only applies for the full version of excel.

    Please help!!

  2. #2
    Neil
    Guest

    RE: Disable File Open Command On Excel Viewer 2003

    I'm not too familiar with the Excel viewer, but ifi it supports VBA then the
    following line will disable the File menu entirely

    Commandbars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("File").Enabled = False

    Just put this in the 'Open Workbook' event of your workbook and all should
    be ok, you may want to make sure this action is reversed when you exit the
    workbook, so change the 'False' to 'True' and place this in the 'Close
    Workbook' event.

    HTH

    Neil
    www.nwarwick.co.uk