Changing Font in cells

  1. #1
    Donald
    Guest

    Changing Font in cells

    I would like to know how to make a superscript number... i think i forgot how.

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: Changing Font in cells

    Donald,

    Assume you have the number 12345 in cell A1. Put your curser in cell A1.
    You should see 12345 in the formula bar. Go to the formula bar and highlight
    or select 1. Go to the standard toolbar and select Format -> Cells ->
    Effects -> Superscript.

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  3. #3

    Re: Changing Font in cells

    Just to add to John's reply....

    This formatting will only work with text entries. If you have 12345 in a cell,
    make sure that the cell is formatted as text before you type in the 12345--or
    you prefix it with an apostrophe: '12345

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Changing Font in cells

    Just to add to both replies.....

    If you are in need of something like 12345mē (meters squared)

    You can custom format to 0"m then hold ALT key and enter 0178 and "

    0179 for meters cubed.

    Your original 12345 can remain as a number.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP