formatting page breaks

  1. #1
    Anze
    Guest

    formatting page breaks

    I would like to know how to format page breaks. I have an invoice template
    that sometime extends over multiple pages. What happens is that the table
    just gets cut of at the end of the page and lookslike crap. How could i make
    the end on one page and begin on the other?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: formatting page breaks

    Anze

    View>Page Break PreView.

    You can move the blue page break lines to where you wish.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Anze
    Guest

    Re: formatting page breaks

    This is kinda of hard to explain. What i actually meant was that I would like
    to make my invoice a single page but have the option of extending it to
    multiple pages if it requires that many items.

    Right now when the page end looks bad because it is just vertical lines
    extending into the footer. The same goes for the next page, its just vertical
    line begining from the header. What I would like to do is if there is a page
    break have excel atumatically end my table and begin a new one on the next
    page with a vertical line.

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: formatting page breaks

    Anze

    Excel will not automatically insert a page break at what you percieve to be
    the end of a page.

    Excel's page breaking function depends upon top and bottom margin settings or
    manual page breaks.

    Send me a copy of the workbook and I'll have a look at it.

    Change the DOT and AT appropriately for my email address.

    Gord