CORRUPTED spreadsheet

  1. #1
    Bogdan
    Guest

    CORRUPTED spreadsheet

    Help!!!
    My very important spreadsheet got corrupted and I had no backup.
    Is there any way to repair/recover in Excel 2000?

    At the moment attempting to open it gives me:
    "EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in
    module EXCEL.EXE at 0187:3004cc32."

  2. #2
    Franz
    Guest

    Re: CORRUPTED spreadsheet

    You can try this:
    1) Create a new workbook with the same number of worksheet of the lost one;
    2) You have to remember the name of each worksheet in your lost workbook;
    3) in each worksheet of your new workbook copy, from the cell A1 to all the
    range covered by your data, the formula ='entire path of lost workbook\[name
    of your lost workbook]name of your lost worksheet'!A1.

    Hoping to be helpful...

    Regards

    --
    Franz

    To reply translate from italian InVento (no capital letters)
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bogdan
    Guest

    Re: CORRUPTED spreadsheet

    Thanks, Franz.
    All formulas, formatting, macros and graphs are lost forever I'm afraid.=

    But at least using your method I recovered the data.
    Thanks again.

    =

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: CORRUPTED spreadsheet

    XL02 and XL03, if you have access to a machine with them, have more
    advanced file recovery ability.

    I've also had success with OpenOffice:

    http://openoffice.org