How 2 separate column of addresses into a colum of names and numb

  1. #1
    Rochelle
    Guest

    How 2 separate column of addresses into a colum of names and numb

    Hi!

    I would like advice on how to separate the names and the numbers of an
    address written in one column into the name and the number in two separate
    columns.
    In otherwords "Kingstreet 23" must become "Kingstreet" and "23."

    Can anyone help with a function that can do this?

    Thanks in advance,

    Rochelle

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: How 2 separate column of addresses into a colum of names and numb

    Hi Rochelle

    if all your names & numbers are similar to your example, then data / text
    to columns will probably work for you

    ensure that you have a couple of blank columns to the right of your current
    column (note, this process will split up your original column into two and
    won't retain a copy of the original - if you want a "combined" column, copy
    this column to a new column first).

    select the column to be split up, choose data / text to columns, choose
    deliminated choose NEXT, untick TAB, tick SPACE, click FINISH.

    --
    Cheers
    JulieD
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: How 2 separate column of addresses into a colum of names and numb

    One way:

    In place (e.g., A1 -> A1:B1):
    Choose Data/Text to Columns. Click "Delimited". Click Next. Check the
    Space checkbox, click Finish.

    By formula:

    A1: Kingstreet 23
    B1: =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1)
    C1: =MID(A1, FIND(" ",A1)+1, 255)

    In article <[email protected]>,

  4. #4
    Rochelle
    Guest

    Re: How 2 separate column of addresses into a colum of names and n

    Thanks to both of you!!

    Rochelle