Floating headed cell

  1. #1
    Dave Elenor
    Guest

    Floating headed cell

    I am setting up a spread sheet which has long columns, but when I am
    entering the figures well down the spread sheet I keep forgetting what
    column is what, can I have the header row float down the spread sheet with
    me all the time.

    Dave

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Floating headed cell

    Dave

    Select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes.

    The rule for frozen panes is........

    everything above and left of the selected cell will be frozen.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Floating headed cell

    Select cell A2. Choose Window/Freeze Panes.

    In article <[email protected]>,

  4. #4
    Dave Elenor
    Guest

    Re: Floating headed cell

    Thanks, it works great

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Andrea Jones
    Guest

    RE: Floating headed cell

    You can either click in the row below your column headings and click on
    Window->Freeze Panes (see http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk/exfreeze.htm ) or
    you can use Excel's split bars to split the window see
    http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk/exsplit.htm

    Andrea Jones