FAO Conrad Calberg (Excel Sales Forecasting...)

  1. #1

    FAO Conrad Calberg (Excel Sales Forecasting...)

    Hello,

    I just bought your new book. To my dismay I found out that the data
    files used in the book are NOT available, nor is your contact (both in
    book and publisher's website).

    I am not keen on using newsgroups so I do not know where to locate u; I
    suppose you use them since u mention them in your book.

    If you happen to see this, please reply as I am in very much need of
    the book's data files!

    If anyone who reads this can help, I would appreciate it a lot.

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: FAO Conrad Calberg (Excel Sales Forecasting...)

    Why don't you write to the publishers?

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dennis
    Guest

    Re: FAO Conrad Calberg (Excel Sales Forecasting...)

    First of all sorry for mispelling the man's name, I am a bit of
    dyslexic, it wasn't intentional.

    Sure, I'll write to Wiley, register and send my complaints to some
    random e-mail address they've got for the occasion; then wait and c how
    many days I'll have to wait for a response!

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: FAO Conrad Calberg (Excel Sales Forecasting...)

    Since Conrad Carlberg hasn't posted in a microsoft.excel* newsgroup
    (under that name, at least) since 17 June 2002, I suspect you'll have
    more success with Wiley.

    Rather than a random email address, though, I'd try the Technical
    Support link on their Dummies.com website, though:

    http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-100100.html

    choose the "Ask a Question/Report a Problem" or "Live Chat" tab...

    You'll probably have even more success if you spell out common words...

  5. #5
    Dennis
    Guest

    Re: FAO Conrad Calberg (Excel Sales Forecasting...)

    I figured out the most appropriate e-mail address to send my query to
    and got a response which little had to do with what I asked.

    I am going to have to take my chances with Live Chat...

    Thanks

  6. #6
    Dennis
    Guest

    Re: FAO Conrad Calberg (Excel Sales Forecasting...)

    What a waste of a book.

    What's the point behind not making the data files available for
    download?

    I used Live Chat only to receive some ambiguous responses by an
    accordingly trained operator who was trying to make the case for the
    lack of data files quoting excerpts from the book.

    What a DUMMY am I for buying this book. As the author suggets (inside
    the book!), you should use your own business data for practise
    purposes. Now, what are the chances that a dummy runs his own
    business?

  7. #7
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: FAO Conrad Calberg (Excel Sales Forecasting...)

    There are download files here:

    http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dumm...37,page-1.html

    Maybe they're the ones you're looking for.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  8. #8
    Dennis
    Guest

    Re: FAO Conrad Calberg (Excel Sales Forecasting...)

    Hey Thanks Debra; unfortunately they're not!

    These are add-ins to support decision analysis.

    I managed to contact the author, very helpful chap, who advised me that
    the data files for the examples in the book are not available.

    Shame.