How do I convert an entire spread sheet form inches to centimeters

  1. #1
    Ted
    Guest

    How do I convert an entire spread sheet form inches to centimeters

    I need to convert my entire spreadsheet from inches to centimeters. I found
    a way to convert a cell value, but is there a way to convert all the values
    in the spreadsheet?

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: How do I convert an entire spread sheet form inches to centimeters

    Hi

    It depends on how the information is entered. If a cell contains 9 (meaning
    9 inches) you can convert this to cm by multiplying by 2.54 (ish).
    If all of the cells you wish to change are simply numbers like that, then
    you can type 2.54 into a cell, copy it, select the range of numbers, and
    Paste Special / Multiply.
    It might be that we need more information on the layout/content of your
    sheet.

    --
    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: How do I convert an entire spread sheet form inches to centimeters

    > It depends on how the information is entered. If a cell contains 9
    (meaning
    > 9 inches) you can convert this to cm by multiplying by 2.54 (ish).

    Actually, the 2.54 is an exact conversion, so there is no 'ish'

    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Guest

    Re: How do I convert an entire spread sheet form inches to centimeters

    Thanks Bernie! I didn't check and I didn't want to mislead the poster!!

    --
    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Ted
    Guest

    Re: How do I convert an entire spread sheet form inches to centime

    Is there a way of dealing with cells that have formulas in them? In version
    2000 I could accomplish that doing cell format.