Aspect ratio of image differs in print

  1. #1
    Monika Bjurman
    Guest

    Aspect ratio of image differs in print

    I have a protected xlt-document with a company logotype in the position of a
    header. I can“t put the image in the real header because I have to use the
    space by the image for other things.

    My problem is that the aspect of the image changes when I print the
    document. Om the computer screen it looks good and the preferences have the
    correct value but when I print the document the image gets squared instead of
    beeing higher than wide.

    The top and bottom margin of the document is 1 cm and the printing setting
    is for the document to maintain 100% of its size.

    I hope anyone can either help me solve this or at least explain why this is
    happening.

    Thanks is advance!
    //Monika

  2. #2

    Re: Aspect ratio of image differs in print

    My guess why: Because no one at MS thought that this was important enough to
    address.

    You could email them your request:
    [email protected]

    My personal solution would be to decide which is more important--on screen or on
    paper. And try to make it look best for that.

    A possible (yucky) solution would be to resize that image right before you
    print, print, and then put it back. But I would expect that to be a mess. If
    you have to support different printers, it could be awful to make sure each
    printer's output is pretty.