Keep number format after converting time to text

  1. #1
    DH
    Guest

    Keep number format after converting time to text

    I want to use the =right(cell, number of characters) function with time data,
    but when I do this, it first ratios the numbers and then gives me the wrong
    answer.
    For example:

    8:33 =right(a1,2) I want it to return 33, but instead returns 25
    8:34 =right(a2,2) I want it to return 34, but instead returns 44
    8:35 =right(a3,2) I want it to return 35, but instead returns 89

    I have tried formatting the cells from time to text, but when I do, it
    calculates the ratio or something. Is there another format or conversion I
    can use?

    DH

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Keep number format after converting time to text

    Try

    =RIGHT(TEXT(A1,"hh:mm"),2)

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Keep number format after converting time to text

    The dificulty is that the cell you are referencing is formated for time
    you might try
    = minute(a1)