Stock quotes

  1. #1
    Craig
    Guest

    Stock quotes

    Using excel 2003.
    How can I set up a worksheet that I can download current stock prices into
    from off the web?

    Thanks,
    Craig

  2. #2
    Martin P
    Guest

    RE: Stock quotes

    It will be useful to answer your query if you provide a link to such stock
    prices.

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Stock quotes

    Both Yahoo, and moneycentral.msn.com provide stock quotes, but when a solution
    is provided it would be tied in with where they come from. If you really want to pull
    from a web page I'd try the moneycentral site since Microsoft might have more to gain
    with you getting consistent results over time with a Microsoft Product (Excel).

    Chip Pearson has an example on his site in the downloads, and you will have to
    modify it to the current layout of the webpage it obtains the quotes from. Every time
    they change the layout you would have to tinker with code. You can
    find some links on my stocks.htm page
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/stockes.htm

    It would be more practical to work from a .csv file that you can also obtain
    rather than the web page. And using Quicken or Money would be a lot
    easier and would compress the stored results for each day (per day).
    ---
    HTH,

  4. #4
    Dana DeLouis
    Guest

    Re: Stock quotes

    Hi. One way...

    Data | Import External Data... | Import Data | "MSN MoneyCentral Investor
    Stock Quotes.iqy"

    On the Import Data form, click the "Parameters..." button for you stock
    symbols you want to track.
    Perhaps to start with, select the third option and select a range like
    A1:A10. Put the stocks you want to track in these cells.
    Check out the "Properties" button also for more interesting Web query
    options.

    Good luck. Any hot stock tips??
    HTH. :>)
    --