Problem with Excel Help

  1. #1
    saturnin02
    Guest

    Problem with Excel Help

    WIN XO HE, XL 2002 SP3
    Hi, every time I hit F1 within Excel, I am getting the following error
    message:
    "The window name "langrep" passed to HH_GET_WIN_TYPE has not been
    specified."
    Any idea how to fix that?
    Tx,

  2. #2

    Re: Problem with Excel Help

    I have no idea, but I'd start with:
    Help|Detect and Repair

    (or maybe reinstall excel/office)

    (I have no idea what "WIN XO HE" is either--winXP Home???)

  3. #3

    Re: Problem with Excel Help

    Ahhh.

    WinXP, Home Edition!

    Just a typo.

  4. #4
    saturnin02
    Guest

    Re: Problem with Excel Help

    Dave, sorry--I meant Win XP.
    Already done detect and repair prior to posting. No change.
    Haven't reinstalled yet because dt know what will happens with all the
    customizations and office SP3 patch..... I mean if I will lose them or
    not.....

  5. #5

    Re: Problem with Excel Help

    Hmmmm.

    I'm not sure how much you'll have to reinstall from SP3. Any chance you still
    have the download in your Temporary Internet Files (or whereever those patches
    go when you download them???).

  6. #6
    saturnin02
    Guest

    Re: Problem with Excel Help

    I might but I can download SP3 from microsoft's website if needed.