Multiple people accessing an Excel file from a server at once.

  1. #1
    UABCSA
    Guest

    Multiple people accessing an Excel file from a server at once.

    I have a coworker that keeps an Excel spreadsheet in a common location on a
    company server. She asks all users attending a service call review meeting
    to update their information in the file prior to the meeting. Routinely
    users get a "file in use" error when trying to access and update the file.
    Is there an option that will allow multiple people to access a file (of some
    type in spreadsheet format) ] like this and update it. Help me I am drawing
    a blank. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: Multiple people accessing an Excel file from a server at once.

    Tools, Share Workbook.
    --
    Sincerely, Michael Colvin