Need to browse 100's of file TITLES in Excel 2000

  1. #1
    jeffbro27707
    Guest

    Need to browse 100's of file TITLES in Excel 2000

    When I go to File>Open the Windows Explorer box will only let me see
    1 file title at a time (for the currently highlighted file name). I
    need to
    scan 100's of spreadsheet files with similar names but distinctive
    titles.

    Am I missing a display option or is there an add-in or Explorer File
    Manager
    replacement I could use to display the title of every file name in the
    display?

    --
    jeffbro27707
    jeffbro27707's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=858

  2. #2
    patrick
    Guest

    RE: Need to browse 100's of file TITLES in Excel 2000

    Click on Details-sort by type

  3. #3
    patrick
    Guest

    RE: Need to browse 100's of file TITLES in Excel 2000

    You will find details under the view icon

  4. #4
    jeffbro27707

    =?Utf-8?B?cGF0cmljaw==?= Wrote:
    > Click on Details-sort by type
    >
    > "jeffbro27707" wrote:
    >

    > > When I go to File>Open the Windows Explorer box will only let me see
    > > 1 file title at a time (for the currently highlighted file name). I
    > > need to
    > > scan 100's of spreadsheet files with similar names but distinctive
    > > titles.
    > >
    > > Am I missing a display option or is there an add-in or Explorer File
    > > Manager
    > > replacement I could use to display the title of every file name in

    > the
    > > display?
    > >

    > > --
    > > jeffbro27707

    > > jeffbro27707's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=858
    > > View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870398428

    Tried that before posting. Showing 'details' displays FileName,
    FileSize,
    FileType, and DateModified, but it does not display the XL File Title,

    which is given in XL, rather than a property used by Windows Explorer.

    I'm trying to see the XL File Titles.