can't drag page breaks

  1. #1
    S. H. Drew
    Guest

    can't drag page breaks

    I can usually use my mouse to drag a page break to a new location in Excel in
    page break preview mode. But lately I have not been able to do this. When I
    put my mouse over the break, nothing happens (usually the cursor changes to a
    line w/ arrows at either end when I place it over a page break.) Thus, I
    cannot manually move the page break. This problem is not confined to a
    particular spreadsheet, and I have changed no settings in Excel. Any idea
    what causes this and how to fix it? (I have tried closing and re-opening
    Excel).

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: can't drag page breaks

    Maybe drag and drop is disabled.

    To enable drag and drop, choose Tools>Options
    On the Edit tab, add a check mark to 'Allow cell drag and drop'
    Click OK

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    S. H. Drew
    Guest

    Re: can't drag page breaks

    That worked - thanks!

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: can't drag page breaks

    You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know that it solved the problem.