How I can set highlighted active cell in row & colmun cross

  1. #1
    Abdul Sattar
    Guest

    How I can set highlighted active cell in row & colmun cross

    I want to set active cell highlighted in row & colmun cross as it was
    possible in Lotus 123. Is it possible? if yes, how is it?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How I can set highlighted active cell in row & colmun cross

    Option Explicit

    '----------------------------------------------------------------
    '----------------------------------------------------------------
    Cells.FormatConditions.Delete
    With Target
    With .EntireRow
    .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
    With .FormatConditions(1)
    With .Borders(xlTop)
    .LineStyle = xlContinuous
    .Weight = xlThin
    .ColorIndex = 5
    End With
    With .Borders(xlBottom)
    .LineStyle = xlContinuous
    .Weight = xlThin
    .ColorIndex = 5
    End With
    .Interior.ColorIndex = 20
    End With
    End With
    With .EntireColumn
    .FormatConditions.Delete
    .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
    With .FormatConditions(1)
    With .Borders(xlLeft)
    .LineStyle = xlContinuous
    .Weight = xlThin
    .ColorIndex = 5
    End With
    With .Borders(xlRight)
    .LineStyle = xlContinuous
    .Weight = xlThin
    .ColorIndex = 5
    End With
    .Interior.ColorIndex = 20
    End With
    End With

    .FormatConditions.Delete
    .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
    .FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 36
    End With

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Abdul Sattar
    Guest

    Re: How I can set highlighted active cell in row & colmun cross

    Was Microsoft not already added this thing in MS Excel?
    I am a biginner and cannot use this type of codes.

  4. #4
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: How I can set highlighted active cell in row & colmun cross

    I'm not sure what you're looking for, but you might find my
    RowLiner add-in useful. See www.cpearson.com/excel/rowliner.htm
    for details.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How I can set highlighted active cell in row & colmun cross

    Why not, I give you full instructions at the end?

  6. #6
    Abdul Sattar
    Guest

    Re: How I can set highlighted active cell in row & colmun cross

    Yes, it is what I need.

    I have downloded the file and acted upon the instructions provided.

    When I navigate to the folder in which I stored the RowLiner.xla file, and
    click OK my Excel was closed showing message:

    "Microsoft Office Excle has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
    sorry for the inconvenience."

    I am using Excel 2003 (11.5612.5606)

    Now, "RowLiner" is listed in Add-ins list but unchecked. When I check it and
    click OK it show same problem.

    Is there some error from my side or this version has not suport for version
    2003?