I am not real sure what type formula to use

  1. #1
    frustratedwthis
    Guest

    I am not real sure what type formula to use

    I have a spreadsheet set up as so:

    Part #1
    boss-1
    X 125.2 125.2 126.2
    Y 130.2 130.2
    Z 125.5 125.5

    boss-2
    X 125.2 125.2 126.2
    Y 130.2 130.2
    Z 125.5 125.5

    Part #2
    boss-1
    X 125.2 125.2 126.2
    Y 130.2 130.2
    Z 125.5 125.5

    boss-2
    X 125.2 125.2 126.2
    Y 130.2 130.2
    Z 125.5 125.5

    Part #3....etc.

    I am trying to make a table that will tell me for part #1, under the boss-1
    section, the number in the 4th column.

    can this be done?
    Thanks for the help in advance!!

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: I am not real sure what type formula to use

    if there are always just 2 bosses and Just X,Y and Z under the bosses
    try
    set a cell for the part Nu Cell(PN)
    set a cell for the Boss "nu" boss(n)
    = offset(match(cell(pn),part number range,0),if (boss(n)=1,2,7),3,1,1)

    If the patterns are symetrical this can be expanded.