I need a symbol but "symbol" in the Insert menu is grayed-out.

  1. #1
    Nothappy
    Guest

    I need a symbol but "symbol" in the Insert menu is grayed-out.

    I upgraded to Office Professional for XP. In Excel I need a symbol, but it is
    grayed out in the Insert Menu and won't work. Their instructions say it will,
    but it won't. What can I do to activate symbol?
    Nothappy

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: I need a symbol but "symbol" in the Insert menu is grayed-out.

    Couple of possibles.

    If the worksheet is Protected or Shared, the Insert>Symbol is unavailable.

    Have a look under Tools>Share Workbook and Tools>Protection.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Nothappy
    Guest

    RE: I need a symbol but "symbol" in the Insert menu is grayed-out.

    Thank you very much. You solved my problem and I appreciate the help!!!!!