Help, Urgent Excel Formulas are not calculating

  1. #1
    maashoff
    Guest

    Help, Urgent Excel Formulas are not calculating

    First.. the answer is yes I have Auto Calculation's on.

    I am running a macro that toggles auto calc on and off. Appartenly, I have
    either confused or corrupted excel.

    In a nut shell after the macro has run.. my formulas to not work.. very
    simple formulas like = A8, do not work. I can change the value in cell A8
    and my root formula does not change. Unless I physically go into the cell
    that the formula is and manuall hit enter from the fromula window.

    The only global fix I have found is to save the filename as a differnt file.
    This seems to prompt excel to register the formulas and they update.
    However, this only works for that one instance. What I mean is If I simply
    re-open the file, without doing anything else.. the formulas are not active.
    I..e save and 1 time the formulas update.. if I open and type in a new result
    in cell A8.. the formula does not change?

    Please help? This is part of a huge project I have been working on at work
    and my deliverable is this week!!!!!

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Help, Urgent Excel Formulas are not calculating

    It is possible that whatever else your macro is doing it is also re-formatting
    the formula cells to Text.

    By going into the cell and hitting ENTER you are re-re-formatting back to
    General Format and the formulas work.

    Either re-write the macro or add a find and replace to it.

    Select all formula cells and Edit>Replace

    What: =

    With: =

    Replace All and your formulas will calculate properly.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP